In 2010, Harrow signed an exclusive sponsorship deal with one of the region’s leading golf clubs at the beginning of its clubhouse centenary celebrations and helped the Tyneside Golf Club mark the 100th anniversary of the opening of its present course and clubhouse. We have since signed an extension to this agreement, taking us through to 2014.
In addition to having the company’s logo on all the course’s tee markers and pin flags, Harrow also hold charity corporate golf days at the Tyne Valley course, and sponsor the annual Tyneside Golf Club Opens.
Set on the outskirts of Ryton village to the west of Newcastle, Tyneside Golf Club is regarded as one of the North East’s finest parkland venues.
The club was originally formed in 1879 by a group of 25 local golfers, with the original course opening in the following year. The present course and clubhouse opened for business in 1911.
“We are delighted to welcome Harrow to Tyneside Golf Club and look forward to working with them in a year when we celebrate the one hundredth anniversary of our course and clubhouse opening.”
Alastair Greenfield, Secretary of Tyneside Golf Club